Brief Timeline of Serenity Rehab
For more detail please see our about us page.
- Siam Rehab began as Serenity Rehab on the island of Koh Samui, Thailand, in December, 2014.
- Serenity moved to Chiang Rai, Northern Thailand in January 2016, to better serve clients in a safe, secure location, conducive to building a strong foundation for their sobriety, and far removed from active party scenes
- Shortly after the move to Chiang Rai we began working with Dr. (Mark) Nattapatt Sukkhosawat, MD. Dr. Mark has been practicing medicine for 19 years. He graduated from the University of Chiang Mai Medical School, trained at Suan Prung Psychiatric Hospital, specialising in psychiatry and addiction medicine.
- In May of 2018, Serenity Rehab became the first and only rehab in Thailand to offer Equine-assisted Therapy sessions for our clients, as an optional (not required) adjunct therapy.
- By mid 2018, it had become increasingly apparent that the Serenity name was causing confusion, due to their being many Serenity Rehabs in many different countries. After a company-wide creative brainstorming and appropriate, unqiue name search, we decided upon Siam Rehab as the name of our treatment facility.
- In November, 2018 we will move to new facilities in the Chiang Rai area.
- In December, 2018 we will celebrate four years of helping clients.