Here is a list of some residential rehabs Tasmania and other services in Tasmania for people struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. I am not endorsing or recommending any of them as I have not visited or reviewed the programs with the exception of looking at their websites where they have one.
This list of residential rehabs Tasmania is for information purposes only and to give you a starting point when you are looking for help with your addiction issues.
Residential Rehabs Tasmania & Other Services I was Able to Find
Tasmanian Salvation Army – The Bridge Program New Town (South) (03) 6278 8140 The Salvation Army provides a Statewide 24 hour 7 day a week residential rehabilitation service for men, women and families. The service is located in the South in New Town but accepts referrals from all parts of the State.
The organisation provides in-patient residential rehabilitation programs with up to 4 weeks intensive support followed by a four week step down program for each individual client. The Bridge Program has a minimum of twelve residential beds at any one time with three beds reserved for female clients. In addition, up to sixty clients statewide (over an eight week cycle) access the day/afternoon non residential support program(s).
Specific services include:
- comprehensive alcohol and other drugs assessment and mental health assessment as required; urgent service system
- individual case co-ordination planning which focuses on social, health, legal, recreational, family, psychological, financial and spiritual aspects; and individual treatment plan, including goals, exit planning and relapse prevention strategies;
- case management as appropriate;
- a range of treatment interventions including behavioural treatment approaches, social and community living skills training relevant to the client's needs, individual counselling, group work and relapse prevention;
- facilitated referral and access to other services assessed as appropriate;
- information about local, regional and state-wide services that support people to address drug use behaviours and their underlying causes
- outreach services as required; and
- pre and post treatment evaluations
Launceston City Mission Inc. - Missiondale Launceston City (03) 6335 3000 Launceston City Mission provide a 24 hour 7 day a week residential rehabilitation service in the North for men and women affected by alcohol and drugs. The service accepts referrals from all parts of the State.
The Missiondale program consists of five aspects – Community Living, Group Therapy, Individual Counselling, Case Management and Work Therapy.
Missiondale is a residential recovery program offering an alternative for those wanting to make positive changes in their lives. It’s all about change.The program looks at all areas of a person’s life: - Physical, Emotional, Social, Intellectual, Financial and Spiritual.
As a resident you are provided with a safe environment to explore the possibilities for your future. You will be given all the support to do this, but you have to be willing to embrace the change, to take off the old thinking, attitudes and behavior patterns.
Missiondale is a place where you will be helped to change your life! It is about change, if you’re not ready to change, this is the wrong place for you. We want you to embrace a process of personal exploration and lasting recovery.
During the Foundation program the emphasis is on digging down deep and breaking up the hard ground. You will need to address the “unseen” issues in your life - wrong choices, behaviours and attitudes which influence how you see yourself today. This stage forms the foundation you will need to establish a solid base for you to begin rebuilding your life.
Pathways Tasmania 1 300 364 277 Ellendale (South) Pathways Tasmania provide a 24 hour 7 day a week residential rehabilitation service in the South for younger men affected by alcohol and drugs. The service accepts referrals from all parts of the State.
- Deliver pre and post program assessments and follow-up;
- Provide one-on-one case management;
- Develop individual programs which include:
- Study and discussion groups
- Living skills, nutrition & hygiene
- Social, spiritual & personal development
- Pre-vocational & vocational development
- Structured work activities, recreation & sports
- Family mediation where necessary
- Liaison with health services;
- Counselling and group therapy; and
- Education of clients and staff regarding mental health urrent service system
- Review of Drug Use and Service Responses in the North West Region of Tasmania Page 26
- Other Specialist Alcohol and Drug Services
- There are a range of specialist alcohol and drug services in the community sector that are funded to deliver services on a Statewide basis that accept referrals for clients located in the North West Region of Tasmania.
Teen Challenge Tasmania Ellendale 03 6288 1188 For over 30 years Teen Challenge has given young people who struggle with life-controlling problems a second chance at life. The program aims to eliminate their self destructive habits by meeting the needs of the whole person... not only dealing with the addiction, but also rebuilding their self-image, work ethic, spiritual awareness and relationships.
Teen Challenge Tasmania has been established by Bob and Naomi Engwicht at the "Kingsholme" property set in the beautiful Derwent Valley at Ellendale Tasmania. Bob and Naomi have dedicated the past 20 years to helping young people overcome life controlling problems.
The Hobart Clinic Rokeby (03) 6247 9960 The Hobart Clinic is an accredited hospital and Tasmania’s leading private, not-for profit treatment centre for anxiety and depression, clinical mental health conditions and drug and alcohol addictions.
We have a team of specialists unparalleled in Tasmania, who will talk with you about the treatment that best suits your individual needs.
You may benefit from our day programs, which you can attend one to five days a week. We also run support programs for people who are caring for someone else.
If your doctor recommends a residential stay, you can be accommodated in one of our 27 private rooms. Most stays are for two or three weeks.
These are some of Residential Rehabs Tasmania as well as some other useful services I was able to find in the region. If you operate or work for another and would like it listed here please get in contact via the Contact Us page and send me the information, I would be happy to get it up there.
Again just to repeat my disclaimer from above I am not endorsing or recommending any residential rehabs Tasmania since I have never visited or assessed the centers. This is just the results from my online searching.