Mei's Experience as a Graduate and Volunteer
Mei came to us as a client and ended up staying with us for almost 2 years as a volunteer and support worker until her journey took her off to new adventures.
Volunteering is an opportunity for some clients who finish a 16 week programme at Siam Rehab to stay on longer at a reduced fee.
Siam Rehab volunteers are clients who have done exceptionally well and it is believed by the therapeutic team that they will be a benefit to the new arrivals. They also get a chance to learn new skills and build on their own recovery adding additional clean time in a safe and secure environment.
Some Positions for Volunteers
- Fitness Assistant
- Evening Support Worker
- Assistant Maintenance Worker
- Assistant Online Marketing
Benefits of Volunteering
- Build upon your personal recovery
- Half day work and a half day therapy programme
- All meals included when on-site
- Accommodation provided (Off-Site)
- Transportation provided (You have to rent your own scooter but we will pay for it)
- Medical insurance provided (travel medical insurance provided in fees)
- Long stay visa provided
- Weekly pocket money allowance (Included in fees and given to you weekly)
- Chance to learn counselling skills
- Structured programme to learn life skills and work ethics
Volunteering at Siam Rehab is not guaranteed and only offered to clients with useful skills or ambition that we believe will be an asset to the community.
Responsibilities of volunteers
- Proactive and willing to work as a team.
- Willing to submit to regular drug and alcohol testing.
- This is not a "free" programme, it will be about 66% of the costs of full time treatment and your accommodation, transportation, pocket money, etc. will be pre-paid and budgeted in advance.
- A failed drug or alcohol test will result in immediate dismissal, without refund.
Some past clients have transitioned to a paid position at the centre as full time employees in the past. This will generally take at least a year and you will have to prove yourself.
Example of Fees for Volunteer Programme
52 Week programme, 16 weeks treatment and 36 weeks as a volunteer $94,700 (Please note you need to be accepted as a volunteer, completing treatment does not guarantee a place in this programme.)
*Note: This programme does not need to be 1 year and the above is just an example.