Mei's Experience as a Graduate and Volunteer
Mei came to us as a client and ended up staying with us for almost 2 years as a volunteer and support worker until her journey took her off to new adventures.
Volunteering is an opportunity for some clients who finish a 16 week programme at Siam Rehab to stay on longer at a drastically reduced fee.
Siam Rehab volunteers are clients who have done exceptionally well and it is believed by the therapeutic team that they will be a benefit to the new arrivals. They also get a chance to learn new skills and build on their own recovery adding additional clean time in a safe and secure environment.
Some Positions for Volunteers
- Fitness Assistant
- Evening Support Worker
- Assistant Gardener
- Assistant Maintenance Worker
- Assistant Online Marketing
Benefits of Volunteering
- Build upon your personal recovery
- Half day work and a half day therapy programme
- All meals included
- Accommodation provided
- Chance to learn counselling skills
- Structured programme to learn life skills and work ethics
Volunteering at Siam Rehab is not guaranteed and only offered to clients with useful skills or ambition that we believe will be an asset to the community.
Responsibilities of volunteers
- You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining medical insurance. (Mandatory)
- Proactive and willing to work as a team.
- Willing to submit to regular drug and alcohol testing.
- Visa extensions are your responsibility, we will advise but you need to pay the fees.
- This is not a "free" programme, it will be about 1/3 of the costs of full time treatment.
- A failed drug or alcohol test is immediate dismissal.
Some past clients have transitioned to a paid position at the centre as full time employees in the past. This will generally take at least a year and you will have to prove yourself.