A list of some residential rehabs British Columbia, Canada. We are not endorsing or recommending any of them as we have not visited or reviewed the programmes with the exception of looking at their websites where they have one.
This list of residential rehabs British Columbia is for information purposes only and to give you a starting point when you are looking for help with your addiction issues.
If you operate a residential rehabs British Columbia and would like to be listed here let us know via the contact us page and we will get it up there.
Residential Rehabs British Columbia
Abbotsford 1(877) 864-0039
Kinghaven is a 70-day intensive residential group therapy treatment program dealing with substance abuse issues. The program is comprised of three phases: Orientation and Stabilization, Group Therapy, Transitional and Aftercare Planning.
The program involves:
- Group Counselling
- Educational presentations on: keys to recovery, mindfulness, emotional regulation, living your values, stress management, communication, models of recovery, spirituality, attachment theory, trauma and recovery, goal setting, managing conflict
- Attending several in-house AA Meetings per week
- Needing to participate in therapeutic duties
- SMART meetings
- Clients have the opportunity to participate in Focus Groups on Self-Esteem, Understanding Anger and Anxiety, Co-Dependency, plus Mental Health and Addictions
- Clients can do Volunteer Work in the Abbotsford Community and receive a small stipend
- Have the opportunity to participate in the Family Program
- Clients are regularly screened for substance abuse when needed
- All clients are expected to create a personal Transitional and Aftercare Plan which, if they choose to follow, can support them to create a life free of substance misuse.
- Located in the tranquil setting of the Fraser Valley in the City of Abbotsford, the campus-like setting site includes an administration building, counsellor’s offices, two residence buildings, a dining hall and resident’s lounge.
- It is a safe environment allowing the optimum opportunity for recovery to begin and a lifestyle change to develop.
Peardonville House Treatment Centre is in a beautiful, rural area of Abbotsford. It was founded in 1987 as an adult women’s treatment facility to serve the ever increasing demand of services for women. In 1990, at the request of the provincial government, the “Mom’s and Kid’s” program was launched to allow addicted women to bring their under school age children to treatment with them and have them share in the residential recovery experience.
New Westminster 1-888-879-9593
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver is a charitable organization that provides support services to some of society's most vulnerable populations – women, girls and children at risk of involvement, involved in or affected by the justice system. Our more than two dozen programs work to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, mental illness, homelessness and crime.
Abbotsford (604) 751-4631
Raven’s Moon Resource Society is a charitable non-profit organization offering supportive transitional housing to both men and women whose lives have been impacted by addiction, mental illness, health issues, trauma, abuse, and involvement with the criminal justice system. We welcome people from all cultural and spiritual backgrounds who are eager to make positive transformations in their lives while living in a safe, inclusive and empowering environment.
Abbotsford (604) 864-4052
Solace House provides second-stage transitional housing supportive recovery for 10 women, 19 years of age and older. Residents must have successfully completed addiction treatment, have a minimum of 30 days clean and sober, and be working, attending school, or looking for work. Serves individuals who are almost but not quite ready to move back out into the community on their own. Programs provided: CODA and 12 Steps. Government per diem available for women on assistance. Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday; intake hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Not-for-profit society.
Abbotsford (604) 637-6356
The VisionQuest Recovery Society is committed to helping individuals heal from the disease of addiction by empowering them to make better lifestyle choices. We bring substance-addicted clients into a comprehensive healing journey, involving mind, body and spirit based on 12-step philosophy. We are especially attuned to the needs of individuals with a history with the courts, and actively cooperate with the relevant authorities to further the interests of both our clients and, by extension, the wider community.
Abbotsford 604-857-0069 For men 19+. Office hours are 7:30 to 4:30 pm Monday to Thursday. 30 beds in 3homes - staged transitional living. CSC clients are accepted (direct release). Clients must be 72 hours sober. Minimum stay is 30 days (no max.). Fees apply, please call for more information.
LIFE Recovery Association Abbotsford 604.855.4440
LIFE Recovery is ready to help willing individuals embark on the road to recovery. In order to be accepted into the LIFE Recovery Program, prospective residents must meet the following criteria:
- Be a female, 18 years of age or older
- Have substance abuse issues
- Complete a TB test and ensure all other medical issues are under control
- Possess a desire to overcome and be set free from substance addictions
- Commit to a minimum of 3 months in treatment at LIFE Recovery Home
- Be willing to participate fully and comply with program requirements
- Be open to growing spiritually in Christ as you gain freedom from addictive lifestyles
BC Teen Challenge is a faith-based restoration program for men and women, ages 19 and older, who are trapped in addiction. We recognize that addiction can take numerous forms and includes, but is not limited to, drug and alcohol abuse. The program is residential in nature and is usually completed in 12 months. We have three locations across British Columbia, in Chilliwack, Okanagan, and Abbotsford (2 for men and 1 for women).
Bowen Island 1-866-233-2299
The Orchard Recovery Center is a private residential drug rehab and alcohol addiction treatment center located near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Our compassionate staff is committed to the belief that all individuals can and will become responsible for their own recovery from drugs and alcohol when given the proper level and quality of encouragement and substance abuse treatment. With guidance and support, our clients learn how to put aside their fears, grief, resentments and shame, and discover the new hope a clean and sober lifestyle offers.
At the Orchard drug rehab centre, our counsellors, support and medical staff are committed to providing each client with individual attention, care and support. Limiting our residential Primary Care program to 25 participants allows our medical, counselling and support staff the flexibility and time to focus on each client as an individual.
Burnaby (604) 420-4626 Charlford House offers you a warm and caring place to start your new journey, where you can learn more about your substance use, its consequences and how to get onto a path of healing and hope. Each of our staff has experienced similar problems to you, but has come through the recovery process and has been clean and sober for a long time.
Second Chance Recovery House Campbell River (250) 830-1103
They offer the following:
- A safe environment in which recovery is supported
- Three balanced meals a day
- Help accessing medical and other community resources
- Appointments encouraged with appropriate counselling agencies
- Life skills training
- Educational group sessions
- Exposure to 12-step model of recovery
Chilliwack (604) 795-2322
This is a 26 bed Christian based 1st and 2nd stage recovery program is for adults 19+. Programming can last from 1 month to 5 years. Clients must be sober prior to admission. Clients can self-refer.
Cobble Hill 1(866) 716-2006
Our gender-specific residences were created to foster private, safe interpersonal boundaries for individuals entering addiction treatment. Although it is important for co-ed integration during various stages of the treatment process, Cedars provides gender specific housing and women’s group activities that create a safe and harmonious environment for each patient. This atmosphere of openness and acceptance within the group not only reduces external distractions, but also provides clients with a strong level of comfort.
InnerVisions Recovery Society offers:
- Substance abuse treatment
- Recovery from drug and alcohol addiction
- Relapse prevention
- One-on-one counselling
- Group counselling
- Second stage housing
- Private counselling
- Intervention services
- Access to in-house addiction specialist doctors
Coquitlam (604) 492-3393
Talitha Koum Society (TK), started in 1999, is a non-denominational group that provides support to Canadian women who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol and have recently been released from a correctional institution. The society's name comes from the words "Talitha Koum" which were spoken by Jesus to resurrect a dead child, when he said, "Little girl, I say to you arise". This characterizes TK's goal of resurrecting the lives of those that are typically victims of violence and have fallen into the grip of substance abuse. The cost to society of our failure to help these women and their children is enormous. In our view, these women are victims and it is the responsibility of our society to provide the means to enable these women to lead happy lives and become contributing members of society.
Courtenay (250) 338-7144
Comox Valley Recovery Center is a residential rehab in Courtenay, BC. They offer 28, 42, 60 & 90 day programs and is a 12-step program for drug and alcohol addiction.
Duncan (250) 748-4479
To those seeking to be free from addiction or other life-damaging patterns, Hope Farm offers ‘a restorative farming community grounded in Christian Practice that offers a sanctuary of hope.’ Through engagement in the community and contributing to the work of caring for the land and the animals on it, our residents are offered the opportunity to address some of the root causes of pain and brokenness in their lives.
Fort St. John (250) 785-1008.
50 bed residential facility on a working farm. Faith Based treatment with Christian principles.
Kamloops 1(888) 996-6306
Privately owned 12-step drug and alcohol co-ed rehab program in Kamloops, BC.
- We offer two weekly one to one counselling sessions per client.
- We have monthly family support weekends.
- We are a 28 bed treatment centre where you will have your own bedroom within a two room cabin or lodge suite. Fully private rooms with en suite are limited.
- We now offer a very private detoxification on the ranch in a beautiful new log building with a maximum of 4 clients all with their own private bedroom & bathroom with 24/7 staffing.
- We arrange support for your arrival home with two prepaid counselling sessions, group and alumni supports and pre-arranged continuing care sessions with our continuing care coordinator.
- Set upon a private 600 acre ranch, we are as beautiful a spot as you will find.
- Our Chefs are the best around and our food is first rate.
- We offer a First Nations facilitated sweat lodge and sharing circle experience.
- We have a lake with canoes; we have beautiful hikes and serene walks.
- We have mountain bikes and trails to ride them.
Sage Health Centre is a private abstinence based residential treatment facility that offers 28 - 84 days of treatment for men and women who are struggling with addictions. Our home style facility is located on secluded private property in the heart of Kamloops, BC and is within walking distance of all amenities.
Kelowna (250) 763-0456 ext. 402
The Bridge provides 20 residential beds to those seeking intensive substance abuse treatment. The program is 6 weeks in duration and consists of a variety of programming.
- is highly structured and intensive.
- is person centered which means that we meet each client where they are and honor their unique individual process.
- is offered in a safe, substance free, live-in environment.
- will begin with a comprehensive intake assessment that will inform and direct individualized treatment goals and transition planning.
- provides a therapeutic and safe environment to examine the underlying factors of participants’ substance use.
- focuses on practicing skills to deal with issues such as boundary setting, communication, stress management, anger management and relapse prevention.
- addresses mental health and substance use issues simultaneously.
Our Programs are based around each Client and their individual needs, with programs ranging from - 8 to 32 hours of 1on1 counselling. We treat the Roots behind Addiction not just the Surface Problems.
Kelowna (250) 762-4673
men-only facility with 19 beds. Ozanam House does not provide faith-based, 12 step, or psycho/social programming but subscribes to all three forms of recovery. Programming is client-directed and residents avail themselves or all of the 3 common recovery models. Entrance criteria: 3 months substance free, completed treatment within past 2 years, minimum 29 years old, must be homeless. May stay up to 2 years if required. Provincially-licensed. Clients on methadone must be stabilized.
Maple Ridge 1 877 678-6782
The Maple Ridge Treatment Centre works collaboratively with men experiencing problems with substance use to increase their capacity for healthy decision-making.
This process often results in improved wellness in their lives, their families and their communities.
MRTC in Brief
- Participants are male, 19 years of age and older, and have the basic ability to speak and understand English.
- Applications are accepted from professional referrals.
- Program delivery is primarily group based with some opportunities for individual sessions.
- Treatment is evidence-based, holistic, and informed by a wellness model.
- Length of program is 35 days, with extensions based on clinical needs.
Inpatient Treatment for Addiction Includes:
- On-site clinical detox for Drug addictions like alcohol, cocaine, or heroin
- Process addictions like gambling or sex addiction and eating disorders
- Specialized treatment for hidden problems
- Personalized care programs
- Nutritional guidance
- Supervised physical fitness
- Recovery monitoring
New Westminster 1-888-525-9771
Last Door Recovery Society provides quality long-term residential in-patient Adolescent Addiction Treatment for male youths 14 to 18 years of age and Adult Addiction Treatment for males 19 and over, providing alcohol rehab, substance abuse and drug treatment.
Last Door helps people recover from drug addiction, alcohol addiction, gambling addiction, food addiction, video gaming addiction, internet addiction and nicotine addiction in the Vancouver area and New Westminster BC using the Social Model Program of Recovery.
Powell River 1.866.487.9010
Your stay in our residential alcohol & drug rehabilitation program follows a daily schedule of activities that focuses on long-term sobriety. Combined, The 30 day, 42 day, 60 day, and 90 day programs and sober living (90 days or longer) * accept a maximum of 36 clients so you can be assured of being on a first-name basis with staff and peers.
Surrey 604-583-7166 option "1"
The Centre's residential addiction services component funded by the Fraser Health Authority provides 28 beds that focus on stabilization from an addiction-based lifestyle.
- Integrated Case Management
- Substance misuse awareness and education
- Individual and group counselling
- Relapse prevention skills
- Health promotion skills
- Personal health care coaching
- Personal management skills
- Stress management
- Cognitive restructuring
- Emotional management training
- Additional addiction services provided by a concurrent disorder therapist
These are the residential Rehabs British Columbia, Canada that I was able to find, if you operate or work for another and would like it listed here please get in contact via the Contact Us page and send us the information, we would be happy to get it up here.